Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Zandbak
 Rockezine Forums : Zandbak
Subject Topic: wont be catching any more Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
wanglei
Mater Blaster
Mater Blaster

Posted: 21 November 2017 at 02:39 | IP Logged Quote wanglei

SAN FRANCISCO -- Rene Rivera remembers his last home run, three years ago next month at Oakland for the Minnesota Twins. His latest will certainly be memorable, too, and did plenty to give San Diegos inconsistent offence a boost. Rivera hit a go-ahead three-run homer in the fifth to follow his two-run double for a career-high five RBIs, single handedly backing Tyson Ross in the Padres 6-4 victory against the San Francisco Giants on Monday night. "Sooner or later our hittings going to come around," Rivera said. "We needed this one. Its a good feeling. Its good for the team." Ross (3-3) did just enough over 5 1-3 innings to beat the Giants for the second time in 11 days, allowing eight hits and four runs with four strikeouts and two walks. After Michael Morse put San Francisco ahead on two-run single in the fourth, Rivera answered with his first homer of the year. He hadnt driven in a run all season before Monday, and the five RBIs were most by a Padres player at 15-year-old AT&T Park. "We needed a game like that from one of our guys," manager Bud Black said. "Its been a long time coming. Weve had a hard time scoring runs in bunches." Brandon Hicks homered for the second straight day, following his walkoff a day earlier against Cleveland with a leadoff shot in the fifth. Hunter Pence hit an RBI triple in the fourth. First base umpire Angel Hernandez had two calls overturned by replay. Giants manager Bruce Bochy came out in the third to request a review after Hernandez called Xavier Nady safe on a close play at first. The umpiring crew overturned the call in 1 minute, 31 seconds. Hernandez was involved in another overturn in the fourth when Black requested a review. Ross was ruled thrown out by third baseman Pablo Sandoval. In 1:18, the call was overturned and Sandoval was charged with an error. Giants starter Madison Bumgarner (2-3) walked a season-high four, and his four earned runs matched his most of 2014. He didnt pitch into the sixth for the third time in his six starts and lost three straight outings for the first time since Aug. 25-Sept. 5, 2012. The Giants had won seven straight home games against the Padres started by the lefty. "I think its fair to say hes made a few more mistakes than were accustomed to," Bochy said. "A strange night. We just couldnt get it done." Ross, born in Berkeley and raised in Oakland, faced the minimum through three -- helped by double plays in the first and second then two strikeouts in the third. The right-hander pitched eight scoreless innings with nine strikeouts in his April 18 win against San Francisco at Petco Park as San Diego took two of three from its division rival. "Its always nice to come back home and get a win," Ross said. "The defence was great tonight and got me out of a couple jams, and the offence came to play." Alexi Amarista drove in an insurance run in the top of the ninth. Huston Street, San Diegos fourth reliever, then finished for his 10th save in as many tries and 35 of 36 dating to last May. He lowered his ERA to 0.82. NOTES: A moment of silence and a video tribute were held before the game for Hall of Fame Padres broadcaster Jerry Coleman, who died in January at 89. Another moment of silence was held for victims of the ferry disaster in South Korea as the Giants celebrated Korean Heritage Night. ... San Diego OF Seth Smith missed his third straight start as he nurses a strained groin sustained Thursday night against the Nationals. He could return this series. ... Chase Headley, out since April 25 with a strained right calf, is improving and took some swings in the indoor cage. ... Padres INF/OF Tommy Medica was recalled from Triple-A El Paso three days after being optioned and flying from Washington, D.C., to Sacramento. "Thats the Schwarzenegger special, Sacramento to D.C.," Black said of former Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. Medica couldnt get off the plane in time Monday morning to avoid a trip to Los Angeles then a second flight back to San Francisco. He took the roster spot of INF Jedd Gyorko, who went on the paternity leave list. John Henson Jersey .Y. -- Phil Jackson lost out on his preferred coach, but hes working hard on keeping his star player. Rashad Vaughn Jersey . -- Former NHL star Jeremy Roenick shot a second-round 69 to take the lead after 36 holes and former LPGA great Annika Sorenstam and Chad Pfeifer, who lost his left leg above the knee serving in Iraq, are among several players in contention in the American Century Championship tournament on Saturday. http://www.nbabucksproshop.com/Authentic-Oscar-Robertson-Bucks-Jersey/ .com) - Jeff Teague had 25 points, eight rebounds and seven assists as the Atlanta Hawks defeated the Milwaukee Bucks 90-85 on Saturday night. Thon Maker Jersey .com) - The San Antonio Spurs will try to even their series with the Dallas Mavericks Monday night when the two teams collide at American Airlines Arena for Game 4. Mirza Teletovic Jersey . LaQuinton Ross scored 17 of his 20 points in the first half, hitting his first four 3-pointers, to send No.ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - Peyton Manning is as prolific a pitchman as he is a passer, and he cant even avoid all the commercials he stars in.I change the channel immediately, Manning said. And if other teammates are in the room, I run out of the room. I dont even want to hear the abuse coming my way. I dont watch a ton of TV, so I dont see a lot of it. But thats what I do, I change the channel. Nobody should be caught watching themselves on a commercial.Even when his mug isnt on the TV, Manning receives pot shots.One of Mannings latest endorsements is for Nationwide Insurance, and in the commercial he delivers a series of seven-syllable sing-songs to the companys Nationwide is on your side jingle.He hollers out 50-Omaha-set-hut! on the football field. Then in the cold tub mutters Losing feeling in my toes. As hes driving, he sings, Nothing beats that new car smell. Then, in a kitchen he bites into a sandwich after admiringly singing, Chicken parm, you taste so good.That last ditty caught up to him recently.We had some chicken parmesan in the lunch room the other day and he was loading it up and I said, Hey, what is that? Denver Broncos teammate Mitch Unrein recounted Wednesday.Oh, its chicken parm, Manning replied.I was like, Oh, does it taste so good? Unrein cracked.All Manning could do was join in the laughter.It was a layup, Manning said.dddddddddddd. I just served it right up to him.And yes, it did taste good.It was not bad, Manning said.Not many teammates have the guts to razz Manning.I didnt know what was going to happen when I started giving him a hard time about it, Unrein said. But he was a good sport about it.It takes some serious panache to poke fun at the five-time MVP, and Unrein certainly has that. After all, hes the most surprising member of the touchdown-catch club in Mannings careerDenvers fourth-year defensive tackle lined up at fullback on Dec. 2, 2012, slipped into the left flat on first-and-goal from the 1 and hauled in Mannings floater to help the Broncos beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31-23.Everyone can (roast him), but it takes a certain amount of guts to do it, Unrein said. And I was feeling lucky that day. ... It kind of just came to me and I decided to give him a hard time.Manning was asked if he told Unrein he wont be catching any more touchdown passes from him as a result of being a wise guy.Yeah, he said he doesnt have any more room in his trophy case to put the ball, Manning said. So, I dont think he can have another.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL___Follow AP Pro Football Writer Arnie Melendrez Stapleton on Twitter: http://twitter.com/arniestapleton Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Back to Top View wanglei's Profile Search for other posts by wanglei Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version