Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Zandbak
 Rockezine Forums : Zandbak
Subject Topic: ranked 18th in the world, Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
wanglei
Mater Blaster
Mater Blaster

Posted: 21 November 2017 at 03:26 | IP Logged Quote wanglei

Oeiras, Portugal (SportsNetwork.com) - Top seed Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain beat two-time Grand Slam champion Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia to capture her first WTA title at the Portugal Open, a clay court French Open tune-up. Suarez Navarro defeated Kuznetsova, the No. 7 seed, by a 6-4, 3-6, 6-4 score in Saturdays final. The Spaniard battled back from 4-1 down in the third set to record her 26th victory of the season. "Im very happy I could finally win my first WTA title," Suarez Navarro said. "I was a little bit nervous today. It was a difficult match too -- it was windy today and we were both making mistakes, and we know each other well, but the most important thing for me today was just to be solid all the time. "On match point I was only thinking to put the ball in, and thats what I did, and I felt so good when I finally finished the match. The ceremony was very special for me. I really love this tournament." The 25-year-old Suarez Navarro was runner-up here the last two years. She improved to 1-5 in career finals. Kuznetsova fell to 13-20 for her career in title matches. "I tried to fight, but unfortunately it didnt happen today, and I want to congratulate Carla on a great week," Kuznetsova said. "Its definitely an amazing feeling to win your first WTA title." The world No. 29 Kuznetsova entered Saturdays match with a 3-1 lifetime record against the Spaniard. Suarez Navarro took home $48,000 with the victory. Johnthan Banks Jersey .com) - Wimbledon runner-up Eugenie Bouchard notched a win, while second-seeded two-time champion Ana Ivanovic, third- seeded Australian Open runner-up Dominika Cibulkova and fifth seed Sabine Lisicki all exited the draw at the Generali Ladies Linz tennis event. Markus Wheaton Jersey . Kripps, of Summerland, B.C., and Edmontons Barnett used a terrific second run to move up two spots, putting the Canadian duo in medal contention with the final two runs set for Monday (11:15 a.m. ET, streaming live at cbc. http://www.authenticbearsnflfansmall.com/c-79-bears-kendall-wright-jersey.aspx . Murray beat Sam Querrey 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-1, 6-3 to clinch Britains opening-round victory against the United States on Sunday at Petco Park. "Im proud of the way Im playing just now, because I had to do a lot of work to get back to where I want to be," Murray said after celebrating with his teammates on the red clay court in a temporary stadium in left field of the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. Kyle Long Jersey .com) - It may just be the right place and the right opponent for the Detroit Red Wings to snap their longest losing streak of the season. Kevin White Jersey . But Paul Osbaldiston, Hamiltons assistant special teams and kicking coach, said the team still relished the championship game workout.OEIRAS, Portugal -- Milos Raonic of Thornhill, Ont., is through to the quarter-finals of the Portugal Open after posting a 6-3, 6-2 win over Pablo Cuevas of Uruguay on Thursday. It will be the fourth consecutive quarter-final appearance of the season for Raonic, who is looking for his first ATP Tour win on clay. Raonic, the world No. 9 and second seed at the tournament, will face Argentine Carlos Berlocq on Friday. Raonic lost just 11 points on serve in his 67 minute victory over Cuevas, five of which came on double faults. In womens action, Montreals Eugenie Bouchard was ddefeated 6-4, 6-1 in the quarter-finals by two-time Grand Slam champion Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia.dddddddddddd Bouchard, ranked 18th in the world, took a 4-1 lead in the opening set, but went on to lose 11 of the final 12 games. In other matches, mens top seed Tomas Berdych strolled to a 6-3, 6-2 win over Somdev Devvarman of India. Other mens winners included Leonardo Mayer of Argentina, Gastao Elias of Portugal and Victor Hanescu of Romania. Top-seeded woman Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain beat Polona Hercog of Slovenia 6-1, 6-3 to reach the semifinals. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Back to Top View wanglei's Profile Search for other posts by wanglei Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version